The Zug Mining Landscape connects the Freiberg and Brand-Erbisdorf mining areas. From the 16th century, silver, copper and lead ores were extracted here, as is evidenced by the many preserved buildings and lines of heaps. The Constantin/Drei-Brüder-Schacht underground power plant, built in 1913, demonstrates the subsequent use of mining installations, both above and below ground, to generate electricity at a time when overland supply was not yet widespread.