Annaberg’s large town hall is one of the beautiful secular buildings in the mining town. The town hall is located at the north-east corner of the market place. It was originally built between 1535 and 1538 and was later destroyed by fire several times. In 1731, the Dresden court architect JOHANN CHRISTIAN NAUMANN (*1664 †1742) created a design for the rebuilding of the town hall which was only partially realised during its construction in 1752. In addition to the remnants of the stone spiral staircase tower from the 16th century, the vaulting on the ground floor and the reconstructed mine surveyor’s room are particularly worth visiting. Representations of people involved in the mining industry in the 17th century, as well as important coats of arms, are on display in the latter. Extensive restoration was carried out in 2002.

Interactive Map