The central building in the Sauberg main and pilot shaft complex is the shaft building. The three-storey building was first erected during the sinking of the main and pilot shaft in 1855 and was remodelled on several occasions. The ground and first floor are made of rendered brick masonry. The second floor and the gable have a half-timbered construction and are partly filled in. The half-timbering was later overlaid with wood. Today, this overlay is covered with imitation shingles. In 1964/65, the gabled roof of the building was expanded with a headframe enclosure. The original headframe was replaced by a modern construction which came into operation in 1966.

Interactive Map