The miners’ memorial is a tower-like structure. It was newly erected by the miners’ burial association in 2003 using quarry-stone building techniques. The memorial recreates the Oswald Barthel Tower, which stood on the grounds from 1928 until 1985. Inside the tower are plaques bearing the names of miners from the Ehrenfriedersdorf mining district who met with fatal accidents in the course of their work.

Interactive Map