select language

The Filzteich reservoir was created between 1483 and 1485 on former tin placer grounds to provide the Schneeberg mining industry with motive water. Following a dam breach at the reservoir in 1783, it was rebuilt, creating the largest reservoir in the Schneeberg mining area. In the Hartmannsdorfer Forest to the west of the Filzteich are extensive water supply and collection ditches. The Filzteich reservoir has been used as a natural lido since 1933.