The little cottages for the workers were created when the Liquation Works was founded, to ensure that workers remained in the region. This was necessary, as production did not run throughout the year. Eight worker’s houses are listed in the inventories of 1567. They were situated next to production buildings – probably for safety reasons and to protect against fire. The so-called Seiferthäuschen was a small, one-storey building spanning around 60 m². On both longitudinal sides, the house has two windows and a door opening. Each gable side has a window opening on the ground floor and in the roof gable. The house has a shingle hipped roof with a bull’s eye on the southern side. The half-timbered structure inside the house suggests that the building was originally constructed entirely in this style. 

Interactive Map