In 1580, an old hammer house, known as Kleine Hammer (Little Hammer) was converted into a brewery by the factor Heinze. Privileges awarded when the Liquation Works was founded included the right to brew and sell beer. When the Works was re-privatised in 1873, the brewery was turned into the Zimmerhaus (carpentry). The brewery is a one-storey building, with a tiled gable roof; its eastern half-timbered gable stands at an angle of nearly 45° to the eaves side. South-east of the building is a one-storey annex spanning just under 150 m2. The Liquation Works’ stamp mill, now torn down, was located north-east of the brewery.

Interactive Map