The mine forge was built as a long, low, and sturdy single-storey building with two hearths in 1839. From 1947, it was converted for use as a residential home. The construction year is marked above the entrance. Both the roof and gable ends are clad with shingles. The original windows of the 16-bay mine forge, including the removable double windows used for insulation in winter, have survived to the present day.

Interactive Map