select language

Just like the castle, Lauenstein Town Church also documents the von Bünau family’s connection with mining. Following a town fire, it was rebuilt by Günther von Bünau in 1594. The rebuilding and interior were funded by the profits the family had made from tin and iron ore mining. In addition to the historically significant altar, the pulpit and baptismal font, the exquisite von Bünau family burial chapel, which dates from 1609, is particularly interesting.