select language

Created in the context of the conversion into steam winding operation, the surface structures were set immediately next to the water-driven gin hoisting house. They include the two storey, formerly half-timbered hoisting house, the immediately south adjoining single storey machine house and the power house with today’s missing chimney. The echelon arrangement of the buildings herby reflects the typical construction style of steam-powered gin structures during 19th century. After safeguarding of the shaft and dismantling of the adjacent water-driven gin hoisting house the shaft buildings have been extended in the northern area and were converted for reuse. With temporal interruptions, the building has been used as restaurant since 1906.

Interactive Map