select language

The sorting house with shaft building for the pump shaft in its western part is known to be the oldest of the Freiberg mining district. Based on the architectural shapes and an inscription, a construction time around 1800 can be assumed. Existing as far as possible in its original state, the building features a rectangular basic area with a rubble stone masoned ground floor. The eastern entrance door had been converted into a window. The large roofage is structured by dormers. The middle door leads into the corridor. The western door leads to the nowadays safeguarded pump shaft. A staircase connects the building with the ore passes.  

Interactive Map