select language

The hoisting house has been founded on a shaft superstructure inside the heap and features a squared basic area with a length of 9 m. The two storey building hosts the original pithead at the ground floor. A four-man hand winder from 1891 is located at the upper storey. The wheel chamber coe was built for the protection of water-driven machinery. It measures 17 x 10 m and roofs two spanking wheel chambers. Their bases are located below the level of the creek.  The gable roof of the hoisting house features a bell tower used for the former pump bell and its associated pump wheel.

Interactive Map