Initial mining activities in Jáchymov and the foundation of the town itself are closely related with the Fundgrübner adit which is located in the oldest part of the town. In 1516, Stephan Schlick took up the financing for the work in the mine and after a few meters of digging a rich source of silver ore was struck in the cementation zone of the Fundgrübner vein. This finding triggered the Jáchymov silver fever. The entrance to the Fundgrübner adit is situated next to the house no. 496, near the Baroque Chapel of St. Anne. It is lined by flat mica schist stones of local origin and fitted with modern-era bars with a lock. The adit is currently not accessible.