select language

The gothic church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary (kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie) was built in 1488 on the site of an older gothic church (founded before 1383) following a disastrous fire of the town in 1479. From the old church, a presbytery has been preserved, positioned at an angle to the nave of the new late gothic church. Minor remodeling occurred in 1668 and 1672. Between 1735 and 1739 the baroque holy stairs were constructed for the purpose of pilgrimage. The adjacent Baroque rectory which was built in 1756 now houses a fire-fighter’s museum. On the slope above the church, a high rectangular bell tower is situated, completed between 1490 and 1493. Its present appearance dates back to the period around 1600. The bell tower announced the beginning of the miners shifts.

Interactive Map