select language

In order to supply the Elias silver mine with water to drive machinery, the Heinzen pond (Horký rybník) was built on Elias creek in 1540.  It confines an area of 5000 square metres. Today it is situated below the modern-era complex of the former Eduard uranium mine (now a biathlon and winter sports resort). The Heinzen pond contains a solid rock-fill dam which is over 6 m in height. Further there is a vaulted stone culvert for drainage. The pond has been fed by the Elias creek and additionally by an artificial water ditch along the right slope of the Elias valley.

Interactive Map