The assayer’s house is one of the largest and most eye-catching buildings in the Liquation Works. Two storeys high, it can be identified by a main building and a side building to the north-west. Both buildings are two storeys; each has an overhanging gable roof featuring various dormers of different designs. While the ground floor of both buildings is a solid wall construction, the upper floors and the gables are half-timbered. When converting the Anrichterhaus and the adjoining copper depository, the side building ‒ which has an oriel window and round windows on the ground floor ‒ was erected using older building material from the former copper depository. This was where the tough-pitch copper intended for sale was originally stored. The basic substance of the Anrichterhaus and the copper depository dates back to around 1586.

Interactive Map