Silver ore and later bismuth, cobalt and nickel ores were extracted in the Weißer Hirsch mine, first mentioned in the 17th century. It took on a central role in 1880 when several mines were united to form the Schneeberg cobalt field in order to extract ores for blue pigment production. The mine became world-famous when a large number of uranium minerals were discovered here for the first time. After the Second World War, it was the starting point for uranium ore mining in this region under the name Shaft 3.

Impressions

top

Interactive Map

top

Information and Addresses

top

Stadtverwaltung Schneeberg

Markt 1
08289 Schneeberg

Phone: +49 (0) 3772/356-215
Email:

www.schneeberg.de

Öffnungszeiten

Montag09:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00 Uhr
Dienstag09:00-12:00, 13:00-18:00 Uhr
Mittwoch09:00-12:00, 13:00-15:00 Uhr
Donnerstag09:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00 Uhr
Freitag09:00-13:00 Uhr
Sonnabend09:30-11:30 Uhr
1. Samstag im Monat

Sächsischer Bergbauverein Weißer Hirsch Schneeberg e.V. c/o Bergsicherung Schneeberg GmbH

Kobaltstraße 42
08289 Schneeberg

Phone: +49 (0) 3772/290
Email:

www.bergbauverein-weisser-hirsch.de

Öffnungszeiten

Öffentliche Führungen jeweils zwischen 9.00 und 15.30 Uhr am:
Tag des Bergmannes (1. Sonnabend im Juli)
Bergstreittag (22. Juli)
Tag des offenen Denkmals (2. Sonntag im September)
Wochenende am 2. Advent (Schneeberger Lichtlfest) 14.00 Uhr