The Wellner Cutlery and Silverware Factory is an important example of the post-mining industry that developed around the discovery of nickel silver (argentan). In 1834, Christian Wellner purchased a hammer mill right next to the Geitner argentan factory. Wellner built up his business around the manufacture of cutlery and metal tableware. The Sächsische Metallwarenfabrik August Wellner Söhne factory became a globally renowned brand. After 1989, the original site was closed. The Wellner Cutlery and Silverware Factory complex was built in three phases between 1904 and 1911. It consists of an imposing administration building and two production buildings. Today, one of the former administrative buildings is home to the Erzgebirgskreis district archive.