The Erlabrunn miners’ hospital is an example of the social facilities that were created in connection with uranium ore mining in the western Erzgebirge. Inaugurated in May 1951 as the first new hospital built under the GDR, it exemplifies the intensity of uranium ore mining following the Second World War. The main building is a symmetrical, arched construction and is approximately 150 metres long. Today the miners’ hospital functions as an academic teaching hospital funded by the Kliniken Erlabrunn gGmbH trust.

 

  • Interactive Map