Wismut’s imposing head office in Chemnitz was built in 1954 as part of the conversion of the Soviet corporation Wismut to a Soviet-German corporation (SDAG). The two monumental neoclassical main buildings played a vital role within this centre. The building at 50 Jagdschänkenstraße is the head office of the federal miners’ union. The building at number 29 is used by Wismut GmbH as its head office.

  • Interactive Map