The Filzteich pond was created between 1483 and 1485 on the tin-placer grounds to provide the Schneeberg mining industry with driving water. Following a dam breach at the pond in 1783, the pond was rebuilt as the largest reservoir in the Schneeberg mining area. In the Hartmannsdorfer Forst west of the Filzteich pond, there are extensive supply and water exploration trenches. The Filzteich pond has been used as a natural lido since 1933.

Impressions