The Hüttenschänke is one of the most emblematic buildings on the site. It was originally the manor house of the copper hammer, which also served as the residence for the shift master. When a separate house was constructed for the shift master, it began to be used as an inn for the workers in 1568. The Liquation Works had the right to sell its own beer. By the 16th century, the Hüttenschänke was a two-storey building with a solid masonry ground floor, a half-timbered upper floor and a partially overhanging top floor. Its slate-roofed gable roof, protruding slightly, has a shed dormer on both sides, with six or seven windows. Sitting above the south-east-facing gable is the Baroque bell tower, adorned with copper sheeting, and boasting lanterns and a 19th century bell. On the gable, directly beneath the bell tower, is the splendid face of the Liquation Works clock, designed with gold leaf.

Interactive Map