North of the workers’ residences and south-east of the refining house is the Hüttenschmiede, still positioned inside the wall. It is a two-storey building with solid masonry construction on the ground floor, and half-timbered on the upper floor. The eastern gable is walled all the way along; the western gable was blended with slate. The forge had a tiled gable roof. This was removed in  2008, including the gable. The forge was used until 1867 and subsequently converted into a residence.

Interactive Map