select language

Founded as the oldest mining school of Germany in 1776/77 it was hosted in one of the legacy buildings since 1859. In 1893 a functional building had been erected on the foundation walls of the basement vaults, designed with clinker facade, fronton and mansard roof. The school was transferred into the “Goldener Adler” building at the Burgstraße street in 1919  and closed five years later. In between 1904 and 1906 the adjoining residential houses from 16th century were dismantled and replaced by a large two-storeyed building of the mining academy (Prüferstraße 9).

Interactive Map