The Kahla porcelain factory was established in 1844 and became one of the most important porcelain manufacturers in Germany by the time of the First World War. The construction of the factory building in Freiberg began as early as 1905, just as mining was about to be shut down. In 1911 and 1914, the factory, which employed over 700 staff at times, was expanded. The porcelain factory in Freiberg shut down in 1932 following the Great Depression. The administration buildings and the former director’s residence were renovated as protected buildings between 1993 and 1997. Today the buildings house the district administration for Central Saxony.

  • Interactive Map