Beneath the line of the Komáří hůrka cable car lies the Knötel mining landscape. This area was the largest ore field in the Graupen region. Today, it is filled with relics from the area’s mining history from the 14th to the 20th century—and the history of tin mining in particular. As early as the 14th century, numerous small mines close to the surface could be found throughout the area, which have since left behind adits, shafts, and heaps from different periods. From the 17th to the 19th century, more mines and adits were opened throughout the district, including the Jacobs Fart (Jacob’s Ladder) mine and the Siebenschläfer (Seven Sleepers) adit. The larger heaps dating from the end of this mining period indicate that the adits and mines were excavated more deeply at this time. During and immediately after the Second World War, new adits (named Prokop, Barbora and Václav) were built for the extraction of molybdenite and potash feldspar. Mining ended in 1956.