Just like the castle, Lauenstein Town Church also documents the von Bünau family’s connection with mining. Following a town fire, it was rebuilt by Günther von Bünau in 1594. The rebuilding and interior were funded by the profits the family had made in tin and iron ore mining. In addition to the historically significant altar, its pulpit and baptismal font, the valuable Bünau family burial chapel from 1609 is particularly interesting.