The Red Tower of Death is a national cultural monument in the Czech Republic that recalls the period of extensive uranium mining in the vicinity of Jáchymov.
A seven-storey red-brick building dominates the site. From 1951 to 1956, it served as the central dressing and sorting works for uranium ore extracted in Jáchymov and other uranium districts of the former Czechoslovakia, which was then supplied to the Soviet Union. The site has been preserved in a fragmentary but authentic state. It is the last remaining relic of a uranium ore dressing facility in the Erzgebirge.
At the same time, the Red Tower of Death symbolises the suffering of the political prisoners imprisoned in the Jáchymov forced-labour camps under inhuman conditions in the 1950s.