First mentioned in historical records in 1212 and converted into a hunting lodge between 1555 and 1558, the castle is still a significant feature of the townscape of Schwarzenberg today. It was once the seat of the manorial and sovereign mining administration for tin and iron ore mining in the western Erzgebirge. The three-winged complex with its great hall, intermediate structure, keep and administration building exemplifies the close interrelations with the Bohemian mining areas, some of which were subject to Schwarzenberg mining administration during certain periods.
Information and Addresses
Oberes Tor 5 08340 Schwarzenberg
Phone: +49 (0) 3774/22540 Email: email@example.com