Nickel silver was successfully produced in Aue in 1823, leading to the establishment of the first factory for nickel silver production in 1829 in the former Auerhammer manor house. The alloy was used to manufacture cutlery and tableware, hence the founding of the Wellner Cutlery and Tableware Factory in the mid 19th century. A further by-product of mining here was white kaolin. The administration and assembly building of the Weiße Erden Pit bears witness to the importance of the site as a supplier to the Meissen porcelain industry.

Impressions

top

Interactive Map

top

Information and Addresses

top

Stadtverwaltung Aue

Goethestraße 5
08280 Aue

Phone: +49 (0) 3771/281-0
Email:

www.aue.de

Öffnungszeiten

Montag09:00-12:13, 13:00-16:00 Uhr
Dienstag09:00-12:00, 13:00-18:00 Uhr
Mittwoch09:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00 Uhr
Donnerstag09:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00 Uhr
Freitag09:00-12:30 Uhr