Founded as St. Katharinenberg im Buchholz in 1495, Buchholz grew into a small mining settlement due to its mineral resources. The Hall Church in Buchholz, with its mining altarpiece of importance for cultural history, bears witness to the silver mining period of the early 16th century. The former execution place dates from the same period. Marked by two slabs of rock, it stands in the middle of the mining district. In the last phase of mining, uranium ore extraction produced terraconic heaps that are only preserved here in the Erzgebirge.

Impressions

top

Interactive Map

top

Information and Addresses

top

Große Kreisstadt Annaberg-Buchholz

Markt 1
09456 Annaberg-Buchholz

Phone: +49 (0) 3733/ 425-0
Email:

www.annaberg-buchholz.de

Öffnungszeiten

Montag09:00-18:00 Uhr
Dienstag09:00-18:00 Uhr
Mittwoch09:00-18:00 Uhr
Donnerstag09:00-18:00 Uhr
Freitag09:00-12:00 Uhr
Sonnabend09:00-12:00 Uhr

Tourist-Information Annaberg-Buchholz

Buchholzer Straße 2
09456 Annaberg-Buchholz

Phone: +49 (0) 3733 / 19433

Öffnungszeiten

24./31. Dezember: 10:00 - 14:00 Uhr, 01. Januar: 12:00 - 18:00 Uhr

Montag10:00-18:00 Uhr
Dienstag10:00-18:00 Uhr
Mittwoch10:00-18:00 Uhr
Donnerstag10:00-18:00 Uhr
Freitag10:00-18:00 Uhr
Sonnabend10:00-18:00 Uhr
Sonntag10:00-18:00 Uhr